Alienware processor probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the nvidia card Im pretty sure supports pixel shader 3.0, I cant find any info on the ati card though.

ps you can edit posts with the edit button to the left ;)

iamchel said:
the nvidia card Im pretty sure supports pixel shader 3.0, I cant find any info on the ati card though.

ps you can edit posts with the edit button to the left ;)
]

I do believe all Nvidia Cards 6 series and up support PS 3.0

Please don't try to game with a laptop in general.. I bought one two years ago (Dell Inspiron 8600) and it really couldn't handle games, and heat was a huge problem (temps around 75C).

If you need portability for word processing/internet, get a refurb lappy or cheap Dell lappy.

If you want to game, get a desktop. If you want a cheap(er) desktop, build if yourself.

Trust me, I've made that mistake in the past and here I am now building my own PC b/c my lappy can't handle crap for games.

RM

definitely the 7600 as it lines up with the x1600/x850 series i believe.
Geforce GO cards are watered down, a Go 7600 is not equivelent to a 7600 that you would install in a desktop

hmmm....

well, would this be sufficient enough to play Dark Age of Camelot at medium? I really doubt i'll play anything more intensive than that. I am not a hardcore gamer, I just play every now and then. After playing Oblivion on the 360 i really am not interested anymore.

I called two different independent computer shops today and both the techs told me that those games don't take advantage of the core duo's dual-processing so even if i bought a desktop with a 1.6ghz core duo and a decent video card, the processor wouldn't be enough to run DAoC......

oh well. I'm not going to buy it, but all this misinformation/information about the core duo's is making me question them a lot. I was told also that the core duo's have major problems and have 30+ flaws that are going to be addressed by intel on the next revision....i'm confused.

this is pretty sad, in high school i won state in computer science and now i am here asking for help... lol

Its amazing how quickly technology advanced eh My dad is still using an old 333mhz celeron, we just gave away our old 486 :(

lol, the comp i am using now is a dell with 366mhz, 64mb ram and win98.

Oh, I called another place and was told that the core 2 duo T2300 is only 1.66ghz when both cores are being used, so each core is only around 660mhz. Is that true?

no... its each core runs at 1.66 ghz... and don't listen to the ghz rating.. its nothing 1.8 ghz opteron 165 dual core will run anything... literally anything... do not think of it as a combined thing... its not 1.66x2... or anything like that

ghz ratings are a thing of the past.. its how much they do per clock cycle... not the speed of the clock cycle

that intel core duo will outdo a 3.2 ghz pentium 4 in super pi.. and that is a single core program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom