Hey Guys, One Beep on Dell 4550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hey Guys, Problem, (no start), Dell 4550?

Hey everyone,

My Parents old dell has a problem. When you turn it on, there is one sharp beep. Piercing in fact.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

By the way, it turns on, beeps, fans are audible, screen displays nothing, and does nothing, eventually turning off.

try another powersupply and if that doesnt work then try another graphics card if there is no graphics card and it is integrated graphics replace the mobo.

The Dell 4550 beep code for a single beep indicates that A memory refresh failure occurred, and the suggested action is to reseat the memory.

After two or three years of use it wouldn't seem logical for this mechanical type of problem to occurr, but that is what Dell shows here.
It's worth checking out, and while your in there you might try clearing the CMOS.

Okay. It turns out, the beep was caused by a camera attatched to it, that had run out of battery, and whenever I turned on the computer. It beeped.

Thanks for you help, but now its even weirder. The computer just doesn't turn on at all.... Should I remove the battery and unplug it for a while?

Charlie -

Thanks for your help all, I just had to reseat the gfx card and then reset the cmos.

Cheers for your help.

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom