im looking to upgrade my PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

catastr0phe

Beta member
I want to improve my PC by buying an exceptional graphic card and more RAM.

But i was worrying if they would fit in my PC.

Manufacturer: gigabyte technology
Model:6VMM(-P)
------
Graphic interface
Version: AGP 1.0
Transfer rate:4x
max. supported:4x
sideband: enabled
-------

this is all i can provide you, if you want more info please feel free to ask(any info i can get from CPU-Z, and if i cant get it from CPU-Z please tell me where i could). i have one more slot for RAM but was wondering what type of RAM i should buy and more importantly, if it can fit in my PC. i would LOVE any tips on what i should buy to improve my PC. and yes i do understand that this PC is a bit old but my pocket cant handle itself enough to buy a new PC.

Thank you very much for all responses..

oh and i'm attaching my CPU-Z file to let you know more about my PC if you need more info to help me.

once again, help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Attachments

• cpuz.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 48
I have to agree with goblue14, it would be a waste to invest in a machine this old. The price of PC133 vs what is currently being used should be a deterrent all by its self. Just look where RAM is now, you are using SDRAM, most all RAM being used now is DDR, and the future is here with DDR2.

Save your money and build a new machine, you will be happier all the way around.

That's not a problem, i was looking to use this machine not just for myself, i was thinking about giving it to my niece, but i wouldn't want to give such a bad machine, RAM is not a problem as of now because i already found SDRAM for cheap.

But the graphic card is a problem because right now i want to destroy the Trident video accelerator living inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom