Best Anti-Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
What is the best anti-virus on the market (especially free one's because the price is right, lol)? I have Norton AntiVirus 2004 but TBH from what I've heard Norton is nowhere near the best.

Best anti-virus technology? 'Knowledge' my man. I realize you can't prevent everything but be super careful where you go and what you press "yes" to.

Where did you hear NAV 2004 is not the best? Symmtec has an unimaginable amount of virus definitions. From my knowledge, NAV is the best you can buy.

I use Norton. live update is an awesome feature. I've had no problems with the software and have not had any viruses since i've installed it.

I would personally have to say Norton. I've always used it...

One problem I did just recently encounter though, was it didn't pick up a trojan I had that changed some of my Registry values, and I wasn't able to change my homepage in IE. I had to get rid of it with Spyware...

...other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing...

I heard Norton tends to miss quite a few viruses... I'm just curious if its possible for Norton to miss viruses that AVG might miss, even tho I have up-to-date definitions.

PhaleProof said:
What is the best anti-virus on the market

You want my honest answer......

DON'T CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO THE NET.
DON'T SHARE DISKS WITH NO ONE.

Over all......

NORTON'S - the most user freindly, how ever since it's the most widely used, virus programers have been designment viruses to attack NAV directly.
NAV is also a recourse hog. Especially when you combine them with other Norton's Products.

VET - Great for scanning compressed files. Great for the australian economy as it written in Australia. It's fall over as they are 24 hours later than any body else on virus defintions.

McAffee - I favorite. How ever it's not the world's most user freindly antivirus on the market.

I've also been using Norton for years, and am happy with it. And as Anarchy said -- "knowledge". :D

Hedda Lora

BUT YOU SAID FRRREEEEE!

Norton's is notorious for slowing down machines , and Norton SYstem utilities is the worst for screwing up your hard drive,,

FREE,,,

http://www.grisoft.com

AVG free edition,,free updates, downloads, no spam,, nice ,, doesnt kill the machine,,

likin it large!

put it on all my clients machines,, finds every virus,, no glitches or hiccups,,,

cant beat that !

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom