Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmedonepdx

Solid State Member
Trying to decide on a decent gaming card for my almost complete new PC... I want to spend under $300
My system specs:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
with pci-e x1 and pci-e x16 and pci
Conroe Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13
160 GB SATA 3.0 hard drive
G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
19" widescreen LCD 5 ms monitor

I'm also having difficulty wanting to not go with an actual ATI card manufactured by ATI but if there is something better... I'm ok with changing my mind. Was thinking of going with an ATI 100-435840 Radeon X1800XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

oh and it has pci-e x1 and pci-e x16 and pci

preffer a product listed on Newegg.com

Its a highly overclocked version of the vanilla product (a regular 7900GT). Overclock it a bit more (50Mhz core, 120Mhz Memory) and youre on par with the performance of a 7900GTX or a X1900XTX. For under $300, thats a steal. The card can take the overclocking, as eVGA bumped up the voltage on them to make them more stable. Plus, its eVGA, and theyre undoubtably the best videocard maker on the planet.

What more is there to say. Its got single-slot cooling, which is practically non-existent in this performance range. in my opinion, thats a huge bonus.

Excellent card.

Indeed, they were resolved, so lets not dwell on them, shall we? ;)

And since he has a budget of $300, might as well get the KO SC. You get what you pay for after all, and a vanilla 7900GT wont overclock as high. Voltages, you know.

Charmedonepdx said:
Wow, Thanks

No problem. Thats what Im here for.

TriEclipse said:
Indeed, they were resolved, so lets not dwell on them, shall we? ;)

And since he has a budget of $300, might as well get the KO SC. You get what you pay for after all, and a vanilla 7900GT wont overclock as high. Voltages, you know.

No problem. Thats what Im here for.

Volt Modding? and I agree with getting a better card unless he knows how to volt mod and wants to get a aftermarket cooler for alot of overclocking.

Indeed, if hes willing to voltmod, then that is also a possibility.

As for aftermarket cooling...it almost always turns out to make the card into a dual-slot card. Eew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom