7900/7950 GT Voltmod Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
That card must weigh 15 pounds (6.82Kgs) with all those ram sinks and gpu sink =)

Not to discredit your effort but there's another forum that has slightly better depiction of the modification as well as how to vmod the mem. I'd be happy to point anyone interested to that URL.

it's not that heavy. a bit heavier than most cooling solutions, but doesn't strain the card.
as a matter of fact the VF900 is pretty light.

of course there's going to be better guides out there. I still think it's easy enough to follow.

the only real prerequisite for part of this guide, is to know how to solder.

It's a very nice guide although the pictures are very blurry. It is kind of hard to see where you have to solder. Mabey you can get clearer pictures in macro mode (most cameras have it).

yeah, I took several pictures. the ones I put there were the ones that came out best. I think the close range has something to do with it.

what kind of picture is normally associated with macro mode?

Is this thing worth it? I mean, with my card im running the old drivers so the fan isnt on full blast, OC'd to 540 / 780 and w/o the fan on full i still only hit like 60C. I might throw in a 120mm fan and do this voltmod. What kind of performance increase can you get in practical gaming? at say...650 core?

650 core will usually give you over 33% extra performance; provided your CPU doesn't bottleneck it.

currently I have a Sempron 2800+ at 2.0GHZ. this has been bottlenecking it a fair bit. (that's the next thing for me to upgrade - but I'm still waiting on my tax return)
but, if you turn the image quality up to full, then the card will use more of its potential, even with a slower CPU.

I own a XFX 7900GT volt modded with a vf900 fan i idle around 59-60c not sure if its normal im just curious to know if it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom