Lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo214

Baseband Member
Okay first of all: has anyone ever bent the pins on a CPU? The one that I'm talking about is a socket 939, a few were bent I put them back with a knife to line them up and whatnot.

Second: What is a good material to put between a mobo and a case? I tried a brown paper 2 ply sugar bag and that resulted in a WAY overheating of the northbridge chip. will plastic work or just melt? I've seem some plastic things you can get for the screw outlets (I'm more than likly RMA'ing the case so how do I score some of those? Do they sell big bags of case stuff somewhere like screws and clip on speakers and plastic recepticals casue I'd totally buy one!!!)

Last but not least what are some possible causes when a comtpuer will start up and not give you any screen imput (*I have to find my speaker to see if I'm getting any post code but I can't find it right now*)

A big thanks to anyone who can provide comments or answers to any of the following questions!

why do you put stuff between the motherboard and the case?

I'm presuming your talking about the motherboard panel, in which case shouldnt the modem risers that come with the motherboard (or case) do the trick?

A-mak said:
why do you put stuff between the motherboard and the case?

I'm presuming your talking about the motherboard panel, in which case shouldnt the modem risers that come with the motherboard (or case) do the trick?

Because it won't start if I don't. I can't have a conductor between all those pins on the back I suppose. I should probably but some kind of heat conductive but not electric conductive material back there is what I'm thinking. I'm trying another power supply tonight, I hope that fixes it. I know it's not the motherboard because I've tried three, and I really hope it's not the proc!

1) yes ive bent pins on a cpu but mine seemed to keep working. you just have to bent them back to the proper position carefully
2)please explain yourself, i dont understand y u have to put something between the mobo and the case. The parts of the mobo wehre you put the risers do not conect ot the circuitry.
3) read Norcent comment. since your motherboard worked and your cpu had bent pins, i guess it might be the cpu.

Yeah I'm going to try a new CPU. I can't really explain why the mother board doesn't work in the case and does work outside just fine, that's just my explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom