RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudydipset

Beta member
I had 2 512 sticks in my computer and it ran fine so I got a 1gb stick yesterday and put it in and it says i have 1548 or whatever but its fine and starts loading windows after it loads it and is about to load the logon screen it restarts. Any ideas? its a new computer and MB i just built it

make sure the two sticks if they are dual chanel are put in the proper slots so they work together and make sure the single stick is in the other chanel it all depends on how your motherboard is aranged.

they are both single channel I only have 2 slots and ive tried putting the 1gb stick in both slots and it only works in one slot and it detects it but restarts when windows loads

rudydipset said:
I had 2 512 sticks in my computer and it ran fine so I got a 1gb stick yesterday and put it in and it says i have 1548 or whatever but its fine and starts loading windows after it loads it and is about to load the logon screen it restarts. Any ideas? its a new computer and MB i just built it

It looks like you are trying with both (1548). Try just the 1GB and see if that works.

If not, you know what to do. If it does, are the timings the same on the RAM. I think that it makes a difference, but not sure.

Good luck!

I just re-read your post, I think that you are only using 1 stick. Perhaps you should start by exchanging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom