NVIDIA FTW! In your face ATi! HAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
x1950 cards are really just a preliminary testing ground to make sure ATI has GDDR4 working before that start shipping it with r600 based cores. I mean, what did you expect? The only difference between the 1900 and 1950 is a 400MHz memory speed difference and even then you have two different memory interfaces with supposedly GDDR4 using crap latencies on the 1950 from what I have read

You also have to consider that the 1900/1950 is going HDR and AA at the same time whereas the Geforce7s are only doing HDR OR AA except in Source based games. I don't know if they took this into consideration in the benchmarks as I haven't read them, but if infact the 1950 is running both HDR and AA that's going to kill framerates as AA is a frame killer, but it's going to look better(graphically) as a result

I still also like how ATI built the r580 core and PCB to be able to utilitize GDDR4 in the future. I also still prefer ATIs unified shader approach as I suspect that is going to become an edge in the future

Either way, both 7950 and 1950 are overpriced pieces of garbage, 7950 in particular

I'm pretty new to computers. But it doesn't take much wisdom to see what the 7950 and x1950 are all about. Analogy: Everyone wants a Ferrari, but for most of us a Mustang will do just fine.
I put more stock in bang for the buck then I do in whats the bestest of the best-coolest. Its cool you have a fav company, and are proud. (Yay Nvidia) but, the fact remains that as I have learned you can get away with a 6800xt if you wanted, and still play your games with nice graphics.
So my question is; find out what the best bang for the buck video card is, ATI or Nvidia. In my mind, thats the true leader.

I'm pretty new to computers. But it doesn't take much wisdom to see what the 7950 and x1950 are all about. Analogy: Everyone wants a Ferrari, but for most of us a Mustang will do just fine.
I put more stock in bang for the buck then I do in whats the bestest of the best-coolest. Its cool you have a fav company, and are proud. (Yay Nvidia) but, the fact remains that as I have learned you can get away with a 6800xt if you wanted, and still play your games with nice graphics.
So my question is; find out what the best bang for the buck video card is, ATI or Nvidia. In my mind, thats the true leader.

ATI x1800xt $199.99.

I dont know who thought that the X1950XTX was going to beat the 7950GX2, but note that ATi plans to sell the X1950XTX for $400, much cheaper than the 7950. True, the naming scheme is bad in ATis case, but look past that.

d0ntcar3 said:
Where do idiots like you come from? Jesus are you 10 years old?

OMG NVIDIA IS ON TOP IN YOUR FACE IN YOUR FACE.

Who the **** cares honestly? ATI is on top... then Nvidia...then ATI... then Nvidia for 2 chips...then ATI for 1 then blah blah blah..

Shut the h e l l up stupid fanboi's.

Who cares who's new card with <insert new whatever> has higher benchmarks. Buy the best on the market or buy the company you like better and shut the **** up.

In all rationality you have a point. But Man, you really need to work on the delivery....

ATI's naming scheme is a joke. They ripped XTX off Nvidia's GTX. They should go back to Pro/XT/XTPE on the ATI side and GS/GT/Ultra on the Nvidia side.

I will agree that ATI has the price/performance advantage. The G80 and R600 are right around the corner though, and they should beat the crap out of these cards comming out right now, even in DX9 and Windows XP.

The General said:
The 7950GX2 took a considerable lead over the X1950XTX in EVERY GAME. THATS RIGHT, EVERY GAME. For those of you who thought he X1950XTX was going to be the next biggest thing, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY OWN3D.

not to be an arseclown, but ati did beat nvidia in the F.E.A.R. 4x AA bench mark... :amazed:

oh, yeah, and HL2:E1...

oh, yeah, and Q4

but, hey, dont let me rain on your parade...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom