Does my computer have a bottleneck somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Here is the thing. Im not getting the kind of performance in games that I feel I should get so im wondering why. Im running the following system.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Amd 3200 OC to 2.4
Corsair Value 1gb ddr 3200
7800gt
250 gig segate sata drive
Nec DVD-RW
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
xp pro

Is there some reason why im not getting the kind of performance I think I should get or is my system out of date?

it could be the ram but i doubt it. most games don't need 2gb to max out the games.

what kind of settings are you using and what FPS are you getting?

also you could try turning down the anti-aliasing if it's a problem. i never put mine up past 4x because i feel it's fruitless

I play Rome Total War alot and have the settings maxed. I get an average of like 30-40 fps during battles and sometimes it gets lower than that and lags under certain conditions. To me lag is unacceptable. In a few months Medieval 2 Total War is coming out and that has like two times the polygons of units and better graphics. I want to get around 50-60 fps on average. So I think im going to have to build a new system.

I think you should not have the settings completely maxed on either the game or your card, and then find out your FPS.

Isn't Rome total war a game that does need 1.5-2gb of ram to run at max?

Do you have a lot of stuff running in the background of your computer?

My drivers are all up to date and the only thing running in the background is my antivirus software. Im going to be building a Conroe based system in a few months anyway so I guess its not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom