Assess My Conroe build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Ok I just pulled these specs out of my *** so any comments welcome, esp on the graphics card and memory as I have very little idea about ATI cards.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)
ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition*** 512MB
Antec TruePower 2.0 550W PSU
Maxtor MaxLine III NCQ 250GB 7V250F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
Pioneer DVR-111D 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter - (Beige) OEM
Pioneer DVR-111D 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter - (Beige) OEM
Lian-Li PC-60 PLUS Silver Aluminium Midi-Tower Case
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music - OEM

Looks good. You might want to consider the G Skill HZ's for the RAM. They use D9's ;)

definitly go for the seagates, i have 2, one has went through several reformts (i mean alot) and have had no problems with it

I just bought two seagate drives. I love them, they're quiet. Haven't said up raid yet. Apparently you can do it without a floppy on this mobo, but I tried and it didnt recognize during install - weird.

I'm running the P5B with an E6400

OK cheers for the input lads

Good shout with the RAM Idiotec, IÂ’ll include that in the spec.

Not sure about the barracudas though, arenÂ’t they slower than the maxlines? I know they have that nifty perpendicular storage but here in the UK theyÂ’re more expensive than the maxlines by about 10%, not that money is a big issue here.

Any opinions on the PSU or the Graphics card? ItÂ’s a crossfire board which is why I went for the ATI card but is crossfire really worth factoring in? or should I just go for a 7900GT KO?

MrCoffee said:
OK cheers for the input lads

Good shout with the RAM Idiotec, IÂ’ll include that in the spec.

Not sure about the barracudas though, arenÂ’t they slower than the maxlines? I know they have that nifty perpendicular storage but here in the UK theyÂ’re more expensive than the maxlines by about 10%, not that money is a big issue here.

Any opinions on the PSU or the Graphics card? ItÂ’s a crossfire board which is why I went for the ATI card but is crossfire really worth factoring in? or should I just go for a 7900GT KO?

Well, for $50 more, you can get a 7900GT 512MB Superclocked edition, but that isn't as good as getting a Radeon X1900XT for the same price. Plus, with that crossfire board, you can always buy another if the going gets rough.

Sorry about the american currency, I assume the price is similar anyway.

umm.... well i'd stick to xt... because then you'd need to buy a new heatsink for the 7900 anyway.... those run extremely hot volt modded... and it comes 1.45 or 1.5 and i'd imagine its going to be hot.. i for 1 would stick with the xt (or crossfire edition) because you don't have to worry so much about modding it or anything.. and with crossfire being superior, it wouldnt be a dumb move to jump to dual graphics cards as well

Paul_Wall_117 said:
Well, for $50 more, you can get a 7900GT 512MB Superclocked edition, but that isn't as good as getting a Radeon X1900XT for the same price. Plus, with that crossfire board, you can always buy another if the going gets rough.

Sorry about the american currency, I assume the price is similar anyway.

Well Uk currency makes a whole world of difference, I can get the 7900GT 512MB Superclocked edition (KO) for what would be in dollars $80 less... so i'm guessing the KO is a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom