PC wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

maVrik

Beta member
I got a new motherboard MSI and CPU AMD SEMPRON 2600+ but when it set it up and turn the power on the fans spin for a sec and the pc stops, the power light keeps flashing, i was told MSIs do this when there is not enough power, so i replaced the power supply but still no luck any ideas what the problem is?

Have you made sure you have the four pin molex plugged into the motherboard as well as the 20 pin.

if that fails, try removing the RAM and graphics card and see if it works then. you may have a faulty motherboard on your hands.

If you remove the RAM from any PC, it won't turn on (it won't even show signs of life).

A few things I can think of:
Is the outlet a reliable one?
Is the RAM good?
Are all power connectors connected?
Are all the motherboard screws in place (with the risers)?

Does it actually get to the POST, or does it light up for a second, and then just die? Can you get into the BIOS?

Try and reseat the processor, like Vybuni said, make sure all proper connections from the PSU are plugged into the motherboard. Including the 20/24 pin connecter, 4/8 pin connecter, blah blah. Is the power supply you're using sufficient for the hardware your using?

Vybuni said:
If you remove the RAM from any PC, it won't turn on (it won't even show signs of life).

If you remove ram, the motherboard will power on still and will make beeps. If it doesnt make beeps, you know motherboard is at fault (or you dont have a speaker). He said fans would just start spinning then stop, if dead RAM is the cause, then surely fans will spin when ram is taken out. Thats how I see it anyway.

imation said:
If you remove ram, the motherboard will power on still and will make beeps. If it doesnt make beeps, you know motherboard is at fault (or you dont have a speaker). He said fans would just start spinning then stop, if dead RAM is the cause, then surely fans will spin when ram is taken out. Thats how I see it anyway.

Trust me, it will not do anything. Try it. ;) I've worked on PCs with bad RAM, and at first thought the mobo was dead, but when I put in new/good RAM, it worked just fine. If the PC is showing signs of life (lights, fans spinning, etc.) then it probably isn't the RAM, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure that the RAM is working on another PC.

Vybuni said:
Trust me, it will not do anything. Try it. ;) I've worked on PCs with bad RAM, and at first thought the mobo was dead, but when I put in new/good RAM, it worked just fine. If the PC is showing signs of life (lights, fans spinning, etc.) then it probably isn't the RAM, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure that the RAM is working on another PC.

Heh, and i'm saying trust me, if you take all the ram out of a machine the motherboard will still 'power' on (fans spin, no display, beeps). I just tried on an HP and Packard bell here at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom