Same old [stuff]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS

Baseband Member
Im purchasing a computer soon but im not sure what graphics card to get!!!

I've been looking through the forum and have noticed that the 7600GT is pretty good.

But how future proof is this and whats all this stuff about directx 10?

I'll beplaying mostly stratergy games like ROME, CIVILISATION, AGE OF EMPIRES, ETC but am still looking at playing BF2 and COD.

Any comments would be grately appreciated!!!

Cheers
Bloody Brum

7600GT should be able to handle all of that easily, but you may want to get at least a 7800GT since they are not that much more (last time I looked) in all truth the R600 and G80 are scheduled to come out late this year (I think so at least) but I could be incorrect on that one.

What's the R600 & G80?

Will the 7600GT be able to support DX10?

I forgot to mention that I wanted (in the future) to run two graphics cards SLI! Does the 7800GT support that?

The 7600GT will more than likely NOT support DX10 (as I see it its a definate NO, but the qualifications are still in debate) Neither will most if not ALL of the cards that are out today, but there has been talk that the high end cards (1900XTX, 7900GT/GTX, 7950 etc) being able to, but we dont know for sure yet.

The r600 and G80 (also known as the r580) are the new cards coming out from ati, and the r600 is the first card that is DEFINATLY DX10 compatible. These are both high end cards and will probally be priced around and above $400 depending on the model.

the 7800gt is sli capible

Cheers for that!!

Well as seen as it could probably go either way with whatever I buy, does anyone think it would be worth having 2 7600GT running SLI or having one 7900GT. The 2 7600GT's would be cheaper than the 7900GT.

Also, isn't the directx10 going to be more of a media upgrade rather than games? I don't know the ins and outs I just overheard a conversation the other day!!!

Cheers
Bloody Brum

i havnt heard
anyways
if u want to play games at high resolutions with high filter settings then go sli
otherwise go witht the single 7900GT
you will end up paying less for a mobo anyway

DX 10 is not going to be just a media upgrade. It is a total rebulid of the direct X platform made specially for vista, because vista uses more gpu than all other operating systems. It also makes things easier for developers to write code for the different nvidia and ati cards because the standards for a DX10 card will make them have to make it the same. My point is that DX10 IS for gaming mostly, as it lets more resources be used and lets more complex graphis be drawn.

I'm very tired right now so i am probally unclear on some stuf and didnt write all that i really know about it, but hopefully this will be of some use.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060628-7158.html

After a lot of thinking and looking through the forum I decided to go for the below!

What does everyone think?

It's gonna cost about £850!!!

CPU
AMD® ATHLON® 64BIT X2 4200 2 x 512K L2 Cache (AM2 pin)

Memory
2048 MB CORSAIR DDR2-667 PC5300 - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x1GB)

Motherboard
ASUS® M2N4-SLI: DUAL DDR II, S-ATA II, 2 x x16 VGA, 2 PCI

Hard Drive
SATA II 250 GB HARD DISK @ 7200rpm 8mb cache

Graphics Card 1
256MB GEFORCE 7600GT PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

Graphics Card 2
256MB GEFORCE 7600GT PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom