Sempron 3300 or Athlon 3000 XP(both socket A)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidz

Solid State Member
Ive been doing some research online trying to find out what would be the better processor. Im currently running the AMD Athlon 3000 XP+, but i recently purchased a package deal from Tiger Direct and it came with a 3300 Sempron. I was just wondering if anybody knew from any experience which would be the better processor.

I did find out that the Sempron 3300 processors are basically a Athlon 3200 XP. Im not sure if that is true or not, but if so that would mean that it is faster than my current processor.

Any information would help. Thanks in advance.

From what i can see, you're right. The Socket A Sempron 3300+ is just a rebadged Athlon 3200+ but with half it's L2 cache disabled.

I'm not sure how much of a performance increase (if any) you'll see, but the only way to find out is to try it. You should be able to swap CPUs without any major software hassles, just try something like Super Pi Mod with each processor and see wihc one is quicker...

Oh, and whichever one you don't use, I'll be happy to take off you're hands.

haha...thanks for all the help guys...ill try and swap it out within the next few days and see which one is better. Ill post back with my findings.

Ill probably keep the not used processor and build a simple pc for misc junk...thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom