Bad mobo, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
So I've got a few problems:

1. When I try to shut down the system, it always restarts as if I was clicking the restart button. I have to manually hold the button down to turn the PC off.

2. When I get into windows, Windows always gives me an error saying that the system just recovered from a major error, or something along those lines.

3. I can't hear certain sounds on games that use EAX. I know it's not the Soundcard that's bad because I replaced it with an Audigy 4.

4. NFSU2 minimizes itself whenever I try to run it, and I can't get it back up.

I'm thinking my motherboard is going bad? Ideas?

Try downloading a Registry Cleaner, and go ahead and run one of those on the Registry. Also, go into the command pompt and run a check disk on it. (Type "chkdsk /r") Also, try swapping out the RAM as well. I would think its your hard drive or your operating system. I really doubt your motherboard is having issues...Let me know what happens.

What OS are you using? If it's 2k go to start and, click shut down, and where is ask what do you want the computer to do make sure it is set to shut down, not restart.

Could you please tell us what exactly the error message is, and when this is occurring.

Have you checked for infections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom