E6600 overclocking results :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Did you ever have to increase the vcore when you got to 3.7, idiotec?
Oh yes, that was at 1.55. It got toasty :p

Even for my 24/7 speed of 3.2 I have a slight vcore adjustment. Running at 1.3625, up from 1.325. It could run PI at 3.2 and stock vcore, but failed dual prime. At 1.3625, it is stable as can be ;)

Okay cool, thanks for the advice on the RAM, I'll post back when I get home and have more time to play with it. :)

Try keeping divider at 2, but putting timings back to auto.

Try:
+.1 on FSB
+.1 vMCH
PCI-e locked at 100. Can also try anything between 100 and 110.

Raise vcore. What are you at now?

Okay, so I got it to 3.2 now, stable, what time did you get on SuperPI 1M @ 3.2? I wanna compare, see if they are about the same. :)

I kinda wanna give it a rest for a while, play some games, I didn't really give it any burn in time, so that may be a problem so I'm gunna play some games, check the temps and try for higher tomorrow.

Plus I get my new case tomorrow which has better cooling and doesn't have melting wires in it. :p

Cool. I get about 18sec at 3.2. You should be quite a bit faster than that with the 4mb cache.

Let's see I get 17.390 with firefox and explorer.exe running at 3ghz. It wasn't stable enough at 3.2 to keep it there, but here's a screeny of 3.2 for me. :)

Okay so I decided that I hate Prime95, it always fails no matter what, so screw it.

32M SuperPI, and Prey for 3 hours straight is stable enough for me!

And BTW heres the cable that melted and smoked :p

img1175va9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom