maxtor, westren digital or Seagate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANYTHING BUT MAXTOR!

Really, I would trust a Samsung harddrive, Seagate, Hitachi, Western Digital, Quantum (if they still exist :p) or anything over a Maxtor, but out of the lot I'd say Western Digital is the best AND most reliable. :)

Seagate has my vote.

They have local brances to me and they are excellent in regards to support for school programs and the such.

In the past year they have given my tech class ~$8000 in money and hardware

They also make good hdd's and have a fun sense of humor.

They have a sign outside their building that says

"Welcome to Reliability"
"Population: 1"

In the whole city line style of signs :D

I'd say WD first, Seagate second, Samsung third. But ya'know, it's kind of funny that Seagate bought out Maxtor not that long ago... so who knows what's going to happen.

Seagate's do have the lowest failure rate, followed by Western Digital.

Maxtor and Seagate still sell drives separately as of now.

The General said:
ANYTHING BUT MAXTOR!

Really, I would trust a Samsung harddrive, Seagate, Hitachi, Western Digital, Quantum (if they still exist :p) or anything over a Maxtor, but out of the lot I'd say Western Digital is the best AND most reliable. :)
Quantum was bought by Maxtor.
but their drives were terrible. they had a high failure rate (especially their fireball series)

I once had a Quantum fireball drive. it died after about 2 years.
I replaced it with a 40GB Seagate, and that was about 6 years ago. it's still in the PC I'm using right now.

I am yet to have a hard drive fail on me, touch wood, but I have used both Seagate and Maxtor drives and the Seagate was definately quieter and ran cooler. My next hard drive I'm going to try a Western Digital.

apokalipse said:
Seagate's do have the lowest failure rate, followed by Western Digital.

Maxtor and Seagate still sell drives separately as of now.

Quantum was bought by Maxtor.
but their drives were terrible. they had a high failure rate (especially their fireball series)

I once had a Quantum fireball drive. it died after about 2 years.
I replaced it with a 40GB Seagate, and that was about 6 years ago. it's still in the PC I'm using right now.

Bah, I have a original 1Gb Quantum fireball thats now 11 years old and it still works with no bad sectors. Quantums always had a reputation for speed and they were more reliable than seagate at that time (when the normal HDD size was 512 MBs)

I've seen 3 dead seagates (all old ones though) a couple of dead maxtors (couple years old) and 3 dead western digitals (one DOA and another 2 dead within a week).

None of the above, I prefer Samsung since they're quiet and just as reliable as WD, or Seagates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom