wtf is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh I don't think you can RMA that. You flashed the bios and didn't do it properly and killed your board. If you screw up flashing your bios your board is finished.

.....are you saying that i did something wrong? It i put in the disc, checked to see if i had the current version, i had one from like 5/24/06. There was one from 7/xx/06 (i dont remember). Click here to update, so i did, said to reboot, click ok or cancel. i clicked cancel and then black screen...what the **** did i do wrong here?

I just went through this...not 15-20 minutes ago from this response...ahh, the joys of messing around with new expensive hardware :p

Anyway, it does not sound like you need to do anything with CMOS...CMOS and BIOS are separate things.

You are focusing on BIOS, which in this case should involve the jumpers. By default they are on the 1/2 position. You do not need to remove the jumper as you are not wanting to recover a bad bios...because it does not look like any BIOS attempt failed. You are wanting to "reconfigure bios" so you should place the jumper to the 2/3 position.

Now I'm saying this assuming you didn't do anything majorly funky after your initial post and assuming your situation is like mine.

have fun :)

According to the manual, the jumpers that i have in my computer are clear RTC RAM (CLRTC), Keyboard Power ( KBPWR), and then USB device wake up ( USBPW1, USBPW2)....

i would assume that you are talking about the CLRTC one, and it does not even turn on when the cap is on the 2/3 possition. If there is another jumper that i am missing please tell me -.-.

In parenthesis, there is something at the bottom that says

"You do not need to clear the RTC when the ststem hands due to overclocking. For system failure due to overclocking, use the C.P.R. (CPU parameter recall) feature. Shut down and reboot the system so the BIOS can automatically reset the parameter settings to the default values"

I know that it did not stop working because of me overclocking because at the time i set it to default settings, but would that be worth a shot? How would i do it...thats all it says about that CPR thing. Thanks for the help guys, i only have a few days left before the 30 days is up for trying to RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom