Core 2 Duo or Pentium D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bzalot

Beta member
My friend is building a new PC, and him and I is being puzzled, his cousin tells him to buy a Pentium D 945 3.4GHz w/ 4MB L2 Cache and 800MHz FSB, instead of a Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz w/ 2MB L2 Cache and 1066MHz FSB

So please, which of thoose processors is the best? And why?

Welcome to TF!

Definitely the Conroe, I'm sure anyone knows about the Hype that is surround the Core 2 chip. And the 'anti-hype' that surrounds the Pentium D's.

If you have any sense. You'd get the Conroe.

Charlie -

Thanks alot charlie, his cousin babbled about the bigger cache in the Pentium D and the low clock speed in the Conroe

n00bzalot said:
Thanks alot charlie, his cousin babbled about the bigger cache in the Pentium D and the low clock speed in the Conroe

Lol, and babbled he did. He was totally wrong, and totally right at the same time. Core 2 Duo's do have lower clock speeds, because they do way more per clock cycle, so they can be faster even though they have a slower clock speed. The cache wouldn't make too big of a difference, as the E6300 and E6400 totally obliterate the Pentium D's regardless of the size of the cache. So he did have his facts right, that they have different clock speeds and cache sizes, but he was wrong about thinking that it mattered. :)

There now I'm done babbling. :p

i hate that myth
all my friends tell me that a good computer needs to be atleast 3GHz
and im just like tryiung to explain to them
those extra MHz only make it less efficient and hotter
doing more per clock cycle means they use less electricity, they run cooler and they are waaay faster

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The General
There now I'm done babbling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mophead740 said:
i hate that myth
all my friends tell me that a good computer needs to be atleast 3GHz
and im just like tryiung to explain to them
those extra MHz only make it less efficient and hotter
doing more per clock cycle means they use less electricity, they run cooler and they are waaay faster

quote:
Originally posted by The General
There now I'm done babbling.

sooo true i hate it when people with celerons start saying that cos they've got a higher ghz there proccessers are a lot better than amds.

yeah its so annoying
especially wen we all no that celerons suk dust compared to amds

EDIT - Hey i like that, suk dust, i shall use that more often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom