137gb barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4x3r said:
Solution:

Due to BIOS limitations as well as those unique to Windows, partitioning and formatting drives larger than 137 Gigabytes without proper driver or controller support will result in data loss when storing data to the drive beyond the 137 GB Barrier.

In order for you system to recognize more than 137 GB you will need to utilize one of the following recommended solutions:

If you have a motherboard that has a Intel chipset (810, 810E, 810E2, 815, 815, 815E, 815EP, 815P, 820, 820E, 830M, 830MP, 830MG, 840, 845, 850, or 860) please visit Intel's web site and download the Intel Application Accelerator. Intel's Application Accelerator supports the full capacity of drives larger than 137 GB.

If you do not have a motherboard that has a Intel chipset then it is recommended that you purchase an Ultra ATA 133 PCI card that supports 48 bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA). You can purchase the Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 PCI Card, which supports drives that are larger than 137 GB, directly from us or your local distributor.

Of course these solutions are for people who do not have windows XP SP1 or higher

So without an intel chipset or buying the pci controller I cant get past the barrier on windows 2k? The registry fix didnt work for me.

Biggie578 said:
So without an intel chipset or buying the pci controller I cant get past the barrier on windows 2k? The registry fix didnt work for me.

No, the registry fix should work for any chipset; as long as it doesn't have a lower limit like very old computers do.
If the registry fix doesn't work; use X-Setup to enable 48bit LBA mode (check the link in my sig) to make sure it is applied correctly.

takezo3001 said:
I just went into Administrative Tools>Computer management>Disk management, and formatted the HDD, added my partitions, and was completely set! Win 2Kpro SP4!
EDIT: BTW: My HDD's a Maxtor 300gb!

i would still have 127 if i didn't read this thread
after getting sp1 i did what you did

This is really mind confusing for me upon backreading..

I have A WinXP pro installer (no SPs)...I have installed SP2 but still it shows only 127gb...

Can i do these?

Im gonna reformat again my entire hd, partition it into two 80GB. In that way, can I utilize the whole 160GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom