ATI Radeon X1950 XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a way for ATI to test GDDR4 before they start shipping it with r600 based cores. It's a gimmick

Who develops GDDR3/4 and all that?

And who develops DDR and DDR2 or even PCI-E or AGP, all companies use these, but who develops them?

A few examples: DVI, DDR, DDR2, PCI-E, AGP, GDDR1/2/3/4

I'm pretty sure Samsung develops most types of memory save for XDR and RDRAM which is from Rambus, although I think ATI had a hand in GDDR development

I'm pretty sure Intel developed PCI-E as well, I'm not sure about AGP though

ouch, wikipedia actually failed me for once. But yeah, Samsung manufactures most ICs for (G)DDR so I would think that they develop them as well. There are a few exceptions like Winbond BH-5s though of course

You don't seem to understand, the x1950PRO is a watered down version of the x1950XTX. And I've pretty much already told you, it's futile upgrading if your system does everything you want it to do. It's also a waste selling a card that's about a week old as you won't get anywhere near what you bought it for. Used is used

Well if it's a 7900GTX/7950G2 intermediary...for 200 bucks, then thats a 7900GTX PLUS for less than half the price...provided the perf estimates are accurate. But w/e...I've got my own low budget "tweaker plan"..hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom