• Little Caesars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round Table

• Peter Piper

• Chuckie Cheese

• Other, how dare you forget _____ ! (Specify below!)

• Local Place (Non-Chain)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I got that..but I have the old drivers because the new ones tunr my fan on FULL in every game. How come I cant OC my 7900GT past 550? It won't let me set it that high....please help. Do i need the newer drivers?

and it limits your OC due to your drivers. but new drivers = loud fan. If i can turn that off and the limit goes away...then boooya.

At this point, there's really not a lot of good 'bang-for-your-buck' upgrades you can do. Anything you do is going to be a minor visible improvement.

However, if you insist on upgrading, I have a few upgrades in mind. From most drastic to least:

1) 2nd 7900GT
2) WD Raptor + 2GB RAM
3) WD Raptor
4) 2GB RAM

The Raptor wasn't mentioned but it most certainly helps when used for your OS and other hungry apps (Photoshop, games, etc).

since next year is the release of vista and not to mention directx10 and a bunch of direct x 10 native video cards.. you mine aswell keep with what you have until next year.

I voted for another gig of ram because thats the only thing that would set the rig up for the futur and leave everything else open for other parts.

2nd gb of ram is a lot cheaper than the other upgrades mentioned.. you can probably do 2 of the cheaper ones... anyways.. the 2nd gig of ram seems most important right now. but if this is for 5months down the road (i assume due to incoming money..christmas maybe? :D) then i wouldn't even be thinking about it right now since the computer world is gonna drastically change... and prices are gonna be all over the place... with the impending release of 2 gpus, 1 or 2 cpus, and even an OS.. impossible to predict what best to get now.. so wait till you're ready to upgrade, with w/e monies you're willing to part with, then make a decision based on the current facts.

mmmm..I'm not planning around christmas so much, more like my tax return and payment for next semester of college lol. But I think I have a plan to tweak my pc for only a few more bucks...

Arctic Silver 5 = OC 3800 X2 to 2.2 - 2-6GHz maybe

80/120MM Fan = Blow on 7900GT

Somehow get the new drivers to work with my 7900GT W/O autofan control...I put on the new drivers last night and omg...the fans went on automatically when i started annnny game and boy is it LOUD. I would like the new drivers too because riva won't let my OC any higher than 550 on the core. I gained like 7 fps in FEAR already so I want more! lol.

A 2nd GB of ram would probably be purchased in the next few months, oct/nov. That would reduce those harsh stutters when you enter a new area or turn around really fast in most games.

Um..how about buying aftermarket HS/F's for your GPU and CPU, that way you can OC them without problems...

VF900

BigTyphoon

I already found the max OC (hit artifacting at 550 core) and its not loading too hot. Im running the old drivers too so the fan doesnt kick into 100%...soooo

Results:

Core 550MHz
Mem 390MHz

Idle 54C
Load 77C

Low/Quiet Fan Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom