ok what is the point to Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thats what I was figuring...what are the serious odds that game developers will program games to take advantage of two cores??

for one, they have to.

We've reached out limit in single cores basically, hence why everything is going dual core. It wont be hard for them to program it to take advantage of both cores. Its going to happen, everyone knows it is, you'd have to be ignorant to deny it.

Pretty much every game next year should be dual core.

hmmm interesting.

thanks for the advice guys....I've been contemplating on what processor to get and I guess dual core is for the future.

my only remaining question is even if dual cores process one game to make it faster wont that processed power be going through the same data bus?

my knowledge in motherboard workings is a little rusty so I'm trying to figure out if having double the speed hits a bottleneck on 1000MhZ FSB Skt939 Motherboards...

Nechen said:
thanks I already read on Wikipedia...I still dont get why you'd want a Dual Core for gaming
Dual Core might not be main stream now. But we will start to see more and more software that will require the Dual Core Technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom