Aero glass in XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay the first one. Just give you the Vista look. It doesnt give you the Glass...
The 2nd one only makes the whole window transparent. Which there are other apps out there that do it but that isnt truly what Vista Glass is about. Only the Border of the windows are transparent not the whole thing.
Same goes for the 3rd one. It is just the Vista look, it doesnt have glass.

Yeah, I just tried out the second one and it actually isn't that bad. I actually like it. Except you have to specify every window that you want to be transparent unless you make explorer.exe which will make all the main windows (my computer, recycle bin, my documents, etc.) transparent.

I didn't really get a good look at the last one. The picture is soooo tiny I couldn't really even tell if it was glass! Has anyone tried it?

i installed a theme with aero glass that was supposed to be just like vista, with as few process & apps running except for firefox resource ususage was off the charts high and sluggish, like i was running counterstrike in the background or something and i don't have dual core, about 450mb ram usage at idle.

if you demand fast performance, based on my experience with that theme, you'll want 2 gigs, dual core, and a good video card if you use vista.

I run Vista with a P4 3.6 and 2GB of RAM. Not a Dual Core and it runs just fine with me.

The issue you are having is the RAM. they suggest at least 512MB but 1GB is prefered.

I run the Aero Theme. With Glass. It was a bit sluggish but nothing like Beta 1 build that i tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom