Question about Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
I was looking at the Office@Home Intel Dual Core computer at canadacomputers, so I called them up to find out what comes in the box and how many usb ports its has. So they told me it has 6 USB (4 rear, 2 front) and they said its just the computer with the driver cd. Then the guy explained to me that its a pretty good office machine but not for games since it has integrated graphics card (which is alright for now since I mostly need an office machine, the only computer games I play are online games). So I go to him well if I need a better video card I can always pop one in and disable the onboard video. Then he told me the only video card I can put is one for a AGP slot. Now does this mean the motherboard has no PCI, PCI Express x1 and PCI Express x16?

That means the motherboard has PCI slots and an AGP slot, more than likely, you have 1 or 2 open PCI slots. But yeah, it doesnt have and PCI Express slots, so you're pretty much out of business on video cards. The best you can get for an AGP slot is a 7800GS, and that is probably the last they are going to make. It still does fairly well in all games right now, almost as good as a PCI-E 7800, but in a few years it's gunna be so slow, lol.

well all the PCI slots are avaliable. since everything is integrated on the mobo(usb, lan, sound, video, mouse, keynoard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom