Windows media player..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Ok ive heard that microsoft can gather information on what songs/videos you play when playing them in windows media player? is that right? also is there any patch out or something i can use to stop them getting info from me?

Please dont tell me to use another media player because i dont want to, ive tried winamp, foobar and other popular players and none of them sound as good as media player to me!

Other computer forum(s), it bothers me because i play things on there that isnt 100% legit! it had to be said, no point beating around the bush hey!

If you go into the tools in WMP there is a tab that you can click on to stop sending them info. Who knows if it works or not though. What's it matter if they know what you listen to?

i guess its the old chesnut, too much reading from the internet got me paranoid!

brrymnvette said:
If you go into the tools in WMP there is a tab that you can click on to stop sending them info. Who knows if it works or not though. What's it matter if they know what you listen to?

found it myself and unticked it, like you said, who knows if it works or not! i just dont like the thought of anyone spying on me, my computer is exactly that, MINE :p

at the very least, uncheck these bottom 3 items and use a firewall that isn't norton or windows to block those messages that come up when you close wmp

wmpspy.jpg

There's no way for them to tell whether your music is legit or not. For all they know, you could have just ripped your CD collection

Shando said:
There's no way for them to tell whether your music is legit or not. For all they know, you could have just ripped your CD collection

just trust me, when I tell you, that they can tell if you download it from the net or ripped it from a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom