The General

Banned
E6600 + DS3

SuperPI 1M --
2400 (266x9) --- 21 seconds
2520 (280x9) --- 20 seconds
2700 (300x9) --- 18 seconds
3000 (333x9) --- ??

And I was able to complete a 32M SuperPI on all three of those.

Once I got to 2700, the power LED on my case started melting?? LOLWTF! Whatever, I have a new case showing up tomorrow, when I get the case I'll get the screenshots off my computer, I dont want to turn it on right now, :p it was making all sorts of smoke and melted plastic smell. I checked it out, and I am totally possitive that just the LED melting, I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but the rest of the componants are fine. I think I'm going to get a new PSU, as this one has been a trouble maker since day one. :confused:

Is there anything I should be watching for other than temperatures? The ram speed in CPU-Z was like 450mhz, a bit high compared to what I got out of my DDR/X2 3800+, but is this normal for DDR2?

The General said:
E6600 + DS3

2400 (266x9) --- 21 seconds
2520 (280x9) --- 20 seconds
2700 (300x9) --- 18 seconds
3000 (333x9) --- ??

Once I got to 2700, the power LED on my case started melting?? LOLWTF! Whatever, I have a new case showing up tomorrow, when I get the case I'll get the screenshots off my computer, I dont want to turn it on right now, :p it was making all sorts of smoke and melted plastic smell. I checked it out, and I am totally possitive that just the LED melting, I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but the rest of the componants are fine. I think I'm going to get a new PSU, as this one has been a trouble maker since day one. :confused:

Is there anything I should be watching for other than temperatures? The ram speed in CPU-Z was like 450mhz, a bit high compared to what I got out of my DDR/X2 3800+, but is this normal for DDR2?

What DDR2 sticks do you have? 450Mhz is very very normal for DDR2, infact I think you can push most DDR2-800Mhz [400mhz*2 equivlant to 800] to 500Mhz, and some can even reach 600-650Mhz.

I know mine, at T2 5-5-5-12/15 cas timings can reach 650Mhz, but thats with a voltmod to like 2.7v lol.

-Jo.

It's not even the power LED, it's just a light that I don't like anyway, but when I disconnect it the power and reset switch stop working... go figure...

And yeah I edited my post, those are SuperPI 1M times, not stability times, :p I was able to finish 32M SuperPI on all those but I didn't take screenshots of them. :p

I have this RAM.

Here's some screenshots:

Great, keep pushing it :)

A couple things:

If you haven't already, flash to the new F4 BIOS.
Disable anything in the BIOS you are not using (i.e. Legacy USB Drive)
I would put RAM down to 1:1 for now at least. It shows as "2" in the RAM settings.
Read the DS3 fact at XS ;)

***n00b WARNING*** :p

How do I flash the BIOS, and does that mean like install a new version or something?

I did go throught a disable the stupid crap I didn't need, I only have one harddrive plugged in and one optical drive, no front USB ports or anything, I just plugged what was necessary to work. I disabled USB keyboard support, cause I use a PS/2 keyboard. I do have one question about the DS3 FAQ, I saw someone say USB mouse = no overclocking, no USB mouse = full overclocking, but what does that mean? Does that mean enabling and disabling USB Mouse support (like keyboard, in the BIOS) or does that mean physically having a USB mouse plugged in?

How do I flash the BIOS, and does that mean like install a new version or something?
Get the new BIOS here.

The easiest way to flash it is to use the @BIOS utility that comes on the boards installation disk. It is an easy windows based program. If you do flash this way, it is HIGHLY recommended you do it at stock settings, NOT OC'd.

This should definitely be the first thing you do, there were many improvements made.

do have one question about the DS3 FAQ, I saw someone say USB mouse = no overclocking, no USB mouse = full overclocking, but what does that mean? Does that mean enabling and disabling USB Mouse support (like keyboard, in the BIOS) or does that mean physically having a USB mouse plugged in?
That was someone that was physically using a USB mouse and then switched to a PS2 mouse. AFAIK, that was only one person, so might just be a one-off situation.

Edit: Updated link to official F4 BIOS

Okay, yeah cause it seems to be working fine for me. Only reason I had to quit last night was the melting LED, which had nothing to do with the motherboard. :p

Oh, and what should I use to check my temps? Everest said it didn't support my system so I dunno if I can trust it...

Edit: Thanks for the link BTW, I'll update it on my lunch break. :D

The General said:
Okay, yeah cause it seems to be working fine for me. Only reason I had to quit last night was the melting LED, which had nothing to do with the motherboard. :p

Oh, and what should I use to check my temps? Everest said it didn't support my system so I dunno if I can trust it...
I have been using Easytunes for temps for the most part. There is also Coretemp.

Yeah EasyTune5 doesn't work on my computer, I dunno why. I installed it from the CD, but it runs "GUI.EXE" for a few minutes, then I see a flash of the program and it all crashes. Maybe the BIOS update will fix it? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom