How are your guys's amd 64 cpu temps so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, airflow is everything. With my case fans off, my CPU temp will rise to almost 50 degrees celsius.

Edit: BTW, I know this has NOTHING to do with this, but where the **** did Shumway go?

I meant to say celcius. I have arctic silver between the heatsink and the processor. I get pretty much the same temperatures as I did with the stock heatsink.

You also hacve to remeber that most Athlon temp monitors are faulty or don't give 100% accurate readings.

Ah, you must know everyone reads in Celsius on these forums, you can figure out what F is in C with a simple equation F-32*5/9 = C if you do that in windows calculator real quick you find your system isn't that hot after all, the reverse is C*9/5+32

I just overclocked from 2.2 to 2.5 ghz with a 100% load temp of 47-48C. A two degree difference for 300 mhz isn't bad. Maybe I should invest in some case fans. Right now I only have one blowing air out of the back of my case and one blowing air out of the front.

stainer711 said:
I just overclocked from 2.2 to 2.5 ghz with a 100% load temp of 47-48C. A two degree difference for 300 mhz isn't bad. Maybe I should invest in some case fans. Right now I only have one blowing air out of the back of my case and one blowing air out of the front.

The one in the front should be sucking in. Right now you've got negative pressure inside the case.

Well, it may be sucking in. They are the two default fans that came with my case and were not set up by me. What you said is likely not happening, as the case manufacturer wouldn't allow it. I'm such a noob. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom