Problems with newly build pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowledge121

Beta member
ive purchased an intel core 2 Duo 6600, gigabyte GA-965p-DS3, 2gb of corsair XMS2 Pro series, and 2 WD Raptors set on Raid 0 and a few other components and put it together. Now, when i play Battlefield 2 the computer runs AWESOME! But.... when installing software my pc either slows down greatly or even freezes up. Also just today it started freezing at shutdown when it says saving. Can anyone help me? Is the problem software or hardware related? Someone plz help.:mad:

Did you Defragment, run disk clean and disable unneeded proccesses after everything was installed? If not do so, on a new install you should get it running up to speed right away.

What AntiVirus are you running and what applications are running in background?

To increase preformence you can disable System Restore (I have, If i ever needed to use it I would just reformat) and set you pagefile to static, as in the Minimum and maximume sizes being the same.

Ste said:
Did you Defragment, run disk clean and disable unneeded proccesses after everything was installed? If not do so, on a new install you should get it running up to speed right away.

What AntiVirus are you running and what applications are running in background?

To increase preformence you can disable System Restore (I have, If i ever needed to use it I would just reformat) and set you pagefile to static, as in the Minimum and maximume sizes being the same.

couldnt have stated it better myself. let us know.

yes i defragged and theres nothing installed on the pc really except one game. You gotta understand i just built it 2 days ago. Also i just realized it also runs slooooow when burning a cd which is really weird because its a CORE 2 DUO CPU!. this abby is fast but its not acting like it right now. only runs well while playing game on just browsing

When it runs slow open Task Manager and see what is using up all the CPU. With Task Manager open click on the Processes tab then click on the "CPU" header twice to bring what is being used the most to the top.

When it runs slow open Task Manager and see what is using up all the CPU. With Task Manager open click on the Processes tab then click on the "CPU" header twice to bring what is being used the most to the top.

Yea, I am well aware that this is a new computer but you still need to do everything I said before you post back and say it doesn't work.

sorry it took so long to respond but i ran some test and its only when installing from CD, i tried the cd roms on another computer and they're fine, theres some kind of problem between the board and the cd roms. But still no idea why the computer freezes at shut down. Defective mobo or ribbon maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom