Computer Crashes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
Sometimes when I play Counter-strike:Source my computer locks up and the sound begins to loop. Sometimes my computer will blur up the game's graphics and pop up with a VGA error, other times it just freezes and I have to force restart. This happens once a day and it's driving me crazy. Here are the temps I get when I check them:

CPU: 35C
HD1: 35C
HD2: 40C
Video Card while gaming: 55-60C
Video Card Idle: 39-43C

Here are my PC specs:

AMD Athlon 3700 @ 2.2Ghz
AsRock 939 Dual SATA-2
1Gb Corsair PC3200 Ram
40GB Hard Drive
300GB Hard Drive
ATI 9600XT Video Card
Logysis Clear 550W 20/24 ATX Serial ATA, PCI-X Power Supply

I am starting to think that my video card is overheating and causing this problem, I tried using Ati Tool's fan control option to speed up fans, but this problem still consists.

Thanks for helping.

try the gard in another system or another card in your system see if you have the same results that way we can rule out the hd and the CPU.

Drivers are up to date. I'm getting a x1800xt in a few weeks so that should work out.

As for the downclocking, by how much should I downclock?

I'm using ATI tool for the downclocking.

Here are my current settings:
downclock.jpg

As you can see I got the fan to move its *** a bit since it was going at 30% earlier.

I'd say its probably with Sound or Graphics drivers, if you've changed either before this started happening then roll back otherwise uninstall both and reinstall the previous versions (being "up to date" isn't a guarantee that you're using the best driver for your hardware).

MrCoffee said:
I'd say its probably with Sound or Graphics drivers, if you've changed either before this started happening then roll back otherwise uninstall both and reinstall the previous versions (being "up to date" isn't a guarantee that you're using the best driver for your hardware).
How would I rollback to older drivers? Does ATI have an archive of previous drivers?

go to device manager start > right click my computer > properties > hardware tab > device manager > display adapters > right click on your display adapter > properties > driver tab > roll back driver

jcortes said:
go to device manager start > right click my computer > properties > hardware tab > device manager > display adapters > right click on your display adapter > properties > driver tab > roll back driver
Tried it, but whenever I join a server the maps are all black and I can't see anything. Thanks anyways.

Now, I'm going to disable my sound card and enable onboard sound right now to see if that helps.

at this point I would remove both your graphics and sounds drivers and do a complete fresh install of them using drivers which you know have worked good in the past.

MrCoffee said:
at this point I would remove both your graphics and sounds drivers and do a complete fresh install of them using drivers which you know have worked good in the past.
The thing is that the comp with the problem is a new build of mine and the drivers worked fine on my compaq...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom