Those internal USB and Firewire ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
I'm thinking of buying a USB/Firewire combo PCI card. The card has a few external ports of each type, but it also has one USB and one Firewire port at the back of the card, inside the case. I can think of a logical application for the USB port, it could be used to plug a bluetoth dongle into, but I can't think of a use for the internal firewire. Does anyone know of any other uses are each type?

Here's a pic as an example:

15-106-004-02.JPG

1. If you have iPod, it can be connected to the firewire.

2. If you do video editing, most DV cameras connected via FireWire to the PC for capturing video.

suppafreak said:
1. If you have iPod, it can be connected to the firewire.

2. If you do video editing, most DV cameras connected via FireWire to the PC for capturing video.

On the inside of the case? Doesn't he mean there are ports on the card which would be on the inside of the case when the card is installed, not the ones that will show through the back plate.
Are they it at the top of the image?

Sorry, I misread.

Some newer cases has the fire wire port built-in on the front panel. The port can be connected to the fire wire port on the PCI card. This way you will have one in the back and one in the front.

also you could attach an external drive to it and just secure it in a drive bay or something
dont really see y u would thoiugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom