Another "Are these specs good for a new machine" thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....2 processors are better than 1 :) It's 2 cores on 1 die.....multithreaded applications can really take advantage of the 2 cores

ummm ... multi threaded applications?

doesn't make much sense...

plus the GhZ is slower than the 4000+

I dont get it?

would you want help to figure out a compliacted math problem? or would you rather do it by yourself and take twice as long? the 4000 is good but with dual core it's like having 2 brains on one chip. the Ghz doesn't really matter. It's not like INTEL who clock everything using that number (2.8Ghz, 3.0Ghz, etc...) just trust us when we suggest to go with the 3800 dual core.

i vote the 3800X2 also.... if u dont wanna take advice...i wouldn't post threads anymore... :p lol jk but seriously..go with the 3800X2...

ok get a 7600GT w/ 256mb it's way better than a 6800GT w/ 256mb.

also look into an Antec Truepower II 550W for PSU. They're awesome and extremely reliable.

you can get better (lower latency) ram for the same price or cheaper.

finally unless you're a gamer who doesn't wanna multi-task switch to the X2 3800...it's compariable in price and way better at multitasking and not much slower on single-core stuff.

ok so two cores are actually combined power instead of working independently?

I'm finding it difficult to locate any in-depth detail in regards to how dual core actually work...

k nechen. you right dual core do not provide combined power, but isntead work independently of each other.

The good thing about dual core is that u can games while doing other things and not loose perfomance in the game.

or u can watch a dvd and burn a dvd while watching. and others things.

that the only good thing about dual cores they can multi-task very well. Other than that they run applications as fast as single cores do.

Since dual cores as so cheap right now, is stupid not to go with one. when they were 300+ i would said **** no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom