My new Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey Guys,
Im just about to spend a bit upgrading my computer to the following, used for light gaming (like a bit of bf2 every now and then etc).

x1 250gb HDD 16mb Buffer, Seagate.
x1 40gb HDD 8mb Buffer, Maxtor - already existing, will just run windows and virus software etc off it.
x1 Motherboard (havent decided which one, looking to spend aobut $150 AUD and don't really care about SLI)
x1 Geforce 7600 (Will this be alright for most games? ie FEAR, BF 2 etc. I dont want the best of the best, I just want it so it will be able to run them on Medium settings).
And I've already got 1gb of Ram, thinking about getting another gb in the future, but not sure yet, I think that 1gb will do for my use.

Any suggestions at all? My final budget is estimated at between $500 - $650 AUD, not willing to really go a cent higher.

agreed but i reccomend the DFI lanparty am2 motherboard thats just coming out. its 180ish, if not the DFI Infnity is a great performer. and you should really get a 7900GT over the 7600

Sorry Im getting either a 2.4ghz AMD64 OR... a 1.8ghz x2 dual core processor also AMD, unsure if to get dual core or not yet.... Yeah and I cant afford the 7900GT so that is way out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom