no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithy

Solid State Member
I have just changed the case on my pc and find I now have no power to my mobo. I have checked the power supply unit. It will deliver power to monitor but there doesnt seem to be power to mobo.
I have checked all connections to ensure everything is plugged in correctly and seated properly. All that seems fine. I have a case fan that will also not operate when power switched on nor will cpu fan.
I have no power up display lights.
I cant figure out the problem. The pc was fine before I changed over to new case. I ensured I used a anti static strap and worked on wooden bench to ensure no problems with static electricity.
This has me beat.. What Have I done?... Have I killed the MOBO?
Thanks for any replies.
cheers
smithy
:(

Have you tried using the older PSU in the new case? I would try this in order to better isolate the problem.

-Mike

there is a tool you ca buy called a PS tester. About $20 us. this will tell you if you PS is working. It sounds like something might have cooked your board. One last thing to check though, is that little voltage switch set properly on the PS? 220/110?

Good Luck

Im really not sure what happened but here is what i done. I took everything out of the new case and laid on table and fired it up.. It started up without a problem. Put it all back in case again and the pc powered up.. I really dont know why????
Thanks for your replies. Very much appreciated.
cheers
smithy
:rolleyes:

yea thats it. Its a grounding issue. Make sure u use the motherboard mounts and make sure there isan't screws or somthing touching the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom