3200xp overclocking (extreme noobie)HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenGlover

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I just recently bought a 3200xp.

My complete system specs are:
3200xp
120 gig hard drive
5700 geforce 256meg
512 ram

Im wondering, how do i overclock, ive gone into bios looking for the setting where i can overlcok and i cant find it.

Also my motherboard is a ms8177c can anyone give me a link to where i can get a performance bios settings for it? Thanx

ok. Do not overclock if your a noobie. Since u never OCed before, u dont really have the experience to do it. Also, why would u wanna OC a 3200? thats one of the fastest AMD's out there now.

monster00 has a very good point, you should really only overclock if you are finding things arnt fast enough.

erm.. overclock! it's always good to try new things, how about searching the forum for guides or even the internet to learn how to do it, you never have enough speed, remember that! You'll never learn how to overclock unless you try it... and everyone has to start somewhere, I learned how to do everything myself.

yea go do that. Go read about OCing, and see if u get it or not. If u get it then go and do it. But..... 1 thing. well 2 things. 1 i have no idea why u would OC a 3200. 2. If your gonna OC. You need a better cooling system. BTW what kind of CPU fan do u have?

Guys, quit being so harsh. How's he going to become un-noobified if he never tries it. Anyways, i'd get a few more fans, better heatsink, and you may wanna "practice" on something less than 700MHZ just so that you get familiarized with the process. otherwise, i'd say go for it, and if you do could you post the results cuz i'm thinking about OCing a 3000+.

Monster00 said:
yea go do that. Go read about OCing, and see if u get it or not. If u get it then go and do it. But..... 1 thing. well 2 things. 1 i have no idea why u would OC a 3200. 2. If your gonna OC. You need a better cooling system. BTW what kind of CPU fan do u have?

i didn't mean all of that in a harsh way. Lets just say, in a nutshell, OC at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom