Ultimate Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Beta member
Hi all,

I'm soon to get a new PC and I want it to be the ultimate gamer's PC. I want the best parts that I'd need to play any game like a charm and I want the PC itself to run smoothly...

I've got a spend limit of about 3k, what would you guys suggest? I'm talking about a computer from the ground up. Monitors, CPUs, cards, everything.

Also, should I be waiting for PCI-E, or will that completely throw my spend limit off the tracks?

Thanks.

lol.. simple as this:

AMD FX-53
Select Asus boards
soundblaster audigy 2 platinum
corsair xms pc3200
ati 9800xt (or the nvidia 6800 ultra, ati people are waiting for the r420)

those are your basics hehe

what you can do is get an amd fx-53 and any mobo to go with it, and an ok card. Then you can wait til pci-e comes out. or you can just wait til it comes out and be one of the first to build a system with it.

Why the flying crap would you want a 64 bit processor? It's Windows compatible but everything is still 32-bit - Do you even use the 64 bit for anything??? You're gonna have a mighty hard time finding all 64 bit applicaitons to be compatible with it X_X

If I could afford to build a top rig right now around the 64 bit, I sure would assuming I don't end up compromising anything else.

is that $3k US, Aussie, Canadian?

CPU: I'd say Athlon 64 3400+
the main reason I like it better is not because it does 64-bit (but that is still part of the reason) it is mainly because it can outperform the P4 extreme, and at half its price!

mobo: Asus K8V Deluxe socket 754

Radeon 9800XT 256MB - bundled with HL2 voucher
extremely good video card, definately enough memory for games like HL2 or Doom III

160GB SATA SEAGATE
and maybe an SCSI controller with a 36GB SCSI SEAGATE HDD to put your OS's and Program Files on, will free up the use (I mean access, not size, but it still does save size) of your 160GB HDD so all its use will go to your games and such
I like Seagate for being less expensive, extremely high quality, and virtually silent

monitor: look for a 21" at a swap meet (one that you see operating so you know it works) for a low $
ive seen a Sony Trinitron 21" for like $400 AUS (roughly $250-300 US) at one, and they had it operating, it really did look good

speakers: Logitech X-620 6.1 not too expensive but very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom