your guy's thoughts on this prebuilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezKangster

Baseband Member
Well, I was suppose to bring home a amd athlon 64 3500=$500 today, but there were huge problems that I found out about the machine, first with the hardware, condition of product, rebate, etc..Decided that I didnt want to purchase some rip off computer at compusa. I found another computer place which were selling prebuilt amd athlon 64 3800@2.2ghz, 1 gig corsair ram, 200 gb for $464, with 50 dollars mail in rebate. Just wanting to know your guy's thoughts on this deal, going to purchase later tonight or tomorrow.

If the comp with the 3800 is dual core and it has good ram and the rest that you need then i guess you can go for it, or you can try and see how much you will spend on it if you build it urself and if its cheaper then just build it ;)

try to give us a link so we can see more info on the build.. like what/if video card slots are available if someday you plan on gaming...

Well, the dual core S939 is 2.0Ghz, the single core S939 is 2.4Ghz, the dual core AM2 is 2.0Ghz, single core AM2 is 2.4 Ghz so don't know what you have unless you got the numbers mix up. no biggie. but yes, a link would be nice or at least a lot more detail about the system.

Pre-built = single core. Especially at these prices.

I'm running a single. Believe it or not, they still work. ;)

Thanks you guys very much for your help. I just got a brand new computer!, Amd Athlon 64 3800, runs really silently, can hear crickets over my cpu sound =O lol thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom