Need help building a custom PC for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
Ok I just got approved for a line of credit from newegg.com and I was looking at building a custom computer for gaming. I have about a $1,100 price limit. It is mainly going to be used for gaming and Internet surfing / file downloading. So I need help choosing parts for the computer. Where do we start? I originally bought a Dell XPS 400 and I cancelled the order because I was told I can get a lot more performance out of a custom computer.

Remember the primary focus is GAMING and Internet stuff.

Also 100% of everything must come from www.newegg.com

And why are you locked on Newegg? Sometimes Zipzoomfly offers better prices.

-Jo.

Yes I need a monitor. I think just an 19" analog LCD would do it. Nothing fancy. No I do not need a mouse. Yes I need a keyboard. No I dont need speakers. I am looking on newegg because they will provide me financeing so I dont need to pay for it now.

Oh and you forgot an hard drive. And is that 2.2 GHz. core duo going to better then like a 3 GHz. AMD processor? 2.2 GHz. seems slow compated to what's out there?

Isint an AMD system better for gameing anyway? I need a DVD+/- RW drive.

Ok here's what I need.

-Adverage LCD monitor. Nothing too fancy. A 19" should do fine.
-At least a 80 gig HD.
-A copy of Windows XP home SP2

I can get a keyboard at Wal-Mart.
and whatever else is needed.

Since Windows is free, do you need that in the list anyway? I thought it was kind of implied. Unless you actually plan on buying it. :eek:

And AMD isn't better for gaming anymore.

Well I guess I have never searched for Warez Windows. But I guess I could find it. I have seen it around I just have never stoped and looked sorta speek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom