Analog or digital flat pannel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
Right now I am written down for a Dell 19 inch E196FP Analog Flat Panel. For $50 more I can get a Dell 19 inch Ultrasharp™ 1907FP Digital Flat Panel. Is it worth the extra $50 or no? The only difference between the two is one accepts a digital input and the other does not right?

What type of video does the analog run on with a 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS card? Is it component video or S video quality?

All i know is that DVI gives a better quality image. I've never actually owned an LCD, so I can't give a first hand opinion

I have an LCD that has both inputs on it and have used both with the same video card and only noticed a difference when playing HD videos from microsoft's website. Overall, DVI is the better way to go, whether it's for a computer moitor or TV monitor.

Theres really no difference in the quality of DVI or analog, since the output signal of both are the same. But DVI is just a newer technology then analog.

There is no difference between analog and digital, the ONLY way to get a signal degredation with analog is if the cable was unshielded, it was going over a long distance, or the monitor itself was poorly built.

Other then that there is no difference, believe me, I purchased a DVI and VGA monitor just for this purpose and they were exactly the same in everything I did with them.

Umm, there is a big difference between digital and analog... My LCD has both and I have tested both, DVI looks noticeably better.

Umm, there is a big difference between digital and analog... My LCD has both and I have tested both, DVI looks noticeably better. With analog the signal is converted from digital to analog back to digital, because an LCD can only display a digital picture.

As you should know, you can not perfectly convert an analog signal to digital, so when it is converted from analog back to digital, there will always be some quality loss.

EDIT:
**** double post

Umm, I do not know what monitor you used then, because between my two monitors there was absolutely no difference in picture quality, and no, there is no loss of signal from digital to analog and from analog to digital unless ther eis analog signal degredation and attenuation.

Umm, I do not know what monitor you used then, because between my two monitors there was absolutely no difference in picture quality, and no, there is no loss of signal from digital to analog and from analog to digital unless ther eis analog signal degredation and attenuation.

GOD DARN NO GOOD INTERNET EXPORER, Bah, this is why I use firefox, dang double posts.

psshhhh dvi and analog is the same thing dvi is silghtly better no major difference

in a 309.99 sony 17 " sdmhs75p
eh maybe its the glossy screen u never kno lol or xbrite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom