Linking Access and Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryad

Beta member
Hi all,

I'm trying to link data between Excel and Access. Ideally, I want users to enter data into an Access form, which will transfer data to an Excel spreadsheet, do calculations and send it back to Access as a visual output for the user.

I know by using an Excel add-in (Access Link) I can set this up and I have done successfully. I now have two files, one Access one Excel, that transfer data between each other. However, it is not portable, ie, if I transfer the two files to another computer, the link breaks, even if the versions of Access and Excel and the OS are exactly the same and if the add-in is installed,

I was hoping someone could tell me if there was a way to keep that link when I take the files to another PC or if there is another way of transfering data between the two applications.

Regards,
Ryad.

What version of excel and access are u using?

There should be an "autoupdate" of the link when you open excel. Check out the following link, this might help.

linking excel and access

Another option is to use cdrw where the data can be retrieved and replaced with new data. But that's not too convenient.

What kind of calculations are being done in excel? Access has a wide range of functions and calculations that can be done from the data that is entered in to a form then queried and outputted into a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom