CUE files.... what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Been Bit Torrenting more stuff agian.

What are CUE files? I have been finding them in some of the MP3 that I have been downloading as of late.

cue files hold the info about the tracks.
open it up with notepad and it'll show the tracks.
i havn't seen one yet,but i think its not needed unless you want to use a program that supports cue sheets to split the tracks up.

btw,it'll be hard to find a program thats freeware.

btv said:
cue files hold the info about the tracks.
open it up with notepad and it'll show the tracks.
i havn't seen one yet,but i think its not needed unless you want to use a program that supports cue sheets to split the tracks up.

btw,it'll be hard to find a program thats freeware.

Thanks. now does any one have any suggestions on a program that supports Cue Sheets???

a cue file is just a file that tells the disc burning software what settings to use to burn the disc. if you are missing a CUE file and you have a BIN file called "internet.BIN" make a text file with this and save with extension CUE:

FILE "internet.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

all CUE files are exactly the same usually except for the filename.

Silesia said:
Been Bit Torrenting more stuff agian.

What are CUE files? I have been finding them in some of the MP3 that I have been downloading as of late.

Why would mp3 downloads contain cue files? They are usually found with cd image file downloads.

ekÆsine said:
a cue file is just a file that tells the disc burning software what settings to use to burn the disc. if you are missing a CUE file and you have a BIN file called "internet.BIN" make a text file with this and save with extension CUE:

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

....................unless its a VCD or SVCD (mode2)

ekÆsine said:

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

actually there are several options for cue files, hence the reason they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom