Clearing Up Confusion on Power Supply and Mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoad said:
ahh my bad, I saw ASUS so I instantly guessed they are talking about the Asus P5B-DH-Deluxe.

Either way, out of those two, DS3 DEFINANTLY! IF oyu can affored the asus I talked about, then the asus it is, hmm although perhaps the DFI Infinity 975X/G would also be good for you over the DS3 if you can't affored the asus, since as I said, I did hear that the E6600 tends to work better on 975X's.

-Jo.

so youre saying go with the DS3???
its 975x based?

that is a usefull link. I only use 409W with my OCZ Gamexstream. Honestly, i knew i wouldnt use 600W, but its got a ton of power on the 12V rail if i ever wanted Crossfire or 4X4 or both. Both companies are reliable, the OCZ is a great and its pretty cheap for how much power its got. I got all good things to say about the OCZ and nothin bad to say about either PSUs.

btw. G.Skill, great RAM company.

ok if Im understanding this right between my 2 choices:
gigabyte 965P-DS3 and the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
you guys suggest the DS3? only because of price?

I was leaning towards the ASUS, plus it has better reviews than the DS3 on newegg...
but seems the ASUS prefers the Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 memory, which isnt a problem though...I know its good memory so im fine with it

would anyone oppose going with the ASUS?

You cant go wrong with iether 1 . Price wise the DS3 is cheaper and 965P chipset is desighned for Conroe which will only get better with age as BIOS matures. Im not sure of the overclocking capabilities but i believe there respectable.The only drawback is quad sli support if your thinking about that .Otherwise its a solid choice.BUT i dont see it on the Nvidia site as a supported board for the 7950GX2 unless im overlooking it http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

The Asus P5N32Sli SE is a matured board on the NF4 chipset very stable on all fronts with limited OC ability able to run Quad sli Guaranteed to give you some great performance .
For me the deciding factor is the overclock limitations i want to push my E6700 upwards to 3500 / 3900 which isnt possible on the Asus board.
Still you can get a good overclock out of it but i allways want more :)

Personally, i'd stick with Intel chipsets for intel chips. The NF4 series may have been a big hit for AMD, but on intels hand, it was a really bad chipset with lots of problems. Try and get a 965 or 975X chipset when it comes to intel or wait for NF5 (if its better than NF4) and RD600.
[sarcasm] Anywayz, who wants quad-sli anywayz, wut a waste of money, just use the money and buy a X1950XTX (or dual X1950XTXs) which will have around the same performance for way cheaper ;) [sarcasm]

Great link cappy its very useful, especially for anyone who wants to build a new comp and cant decide on a psu like me lol. I got a question, if u go to the extreme outer vison link and u select the cpu under dual core and am3 then slide down and look at the amd x2 3800 windsor 3800 there is 3 of there one normal then there is some HE and EE windsors 3800, what do the HE AND EE stand for? http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Cappy said:
You cant go wrong with iether 1 . Price wise the DS3 is cheaper and 965P chipset is desighned for Conroe which will only get better with age as BIOS matures. Im not sure of the overclocking capabilities but i believe there respectable.The only drawback is quad sli support if your thinking about that .Otherwise its a solid choice.BUT i dont see it on the Nvidia site as a supported board for the 7950GX2 unless im overlooking it http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

The Asus P5N32Sli SE is a matured board on the NF4 chipset very stable on all fronts with limited OC ability able to run Quad sli Guaranteed to give you some great performance .
For me the deciding factor is the overclock limitations i want to push my E6700 upwards to 3500 / 3900 which isnt possible on the Asus board.
Still you can get a good overclock out of it but i allways want more :)

thanks for the explanation..
I think im going to go with the ASUS board
im not looking to overclock it that much(but I say this now lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom