What is the best case on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously at the end of it all it really brings it down to what the cases have to offer. Seriously!

cheerios said:
But seriously at the end of it all it really brings it down to what the cases have to offer. Seriously!

DITTO. Like my next case is going to be the following :-

Aopen H700
h700a_b.jpg

Disk Drive Bays : 3.5" *2/5(external/internal), 5.25" *6/0(external/internal)
Power Supply : 530/400/350/300W ATX (Ball bearing fan in US), 460W SSI, 350W HOT-SWAP 1+1 redundant SPS, UL/CSA/CE/VDE/S/D/N /FI/FCC DoC Certified
Dimensions : Width 7.87"(200mm), Height 24.61"(625mm), Depth 18.7"(475mm)
Ventilation : 7pcs air vents with optional 8cm DC fan

I am going to see if I can get the this verient in via my suppliers :-
h700c_b.jpg

For my main PC, and thing with less than 5 external 5 1/4 inch drive bay does not cut the mustard with me.

Plus a full tower does not have a big of an over heating problem at i have better air flow.

When I get my new full tower, I plan to have the following :-

1. Primary Hard Drive in removable rack (40gb) - just there for my Operating System and programs.

2 and 3. IDE RAID (2x 160 Gb) - My Data.

4. DVD Drive

5. DVD Burner

6. Internal Case Speakers

7. (optional) an Spare Removalbe Rack.

Now, why Removable Rack???
So I can easly move my hard drives in and out of the machine in about 10 seconds (as appose to 5 minutes). Win Xp Pro is OS I use MOST of the time. But from time to time, I do need to familarise myself with other OS.
The spare is there so I can plug in an extra hard drive. There is a lot of times that i get asked if I can back up people's hard drives on to DVD.

Now, why the RAID????

I have lucked out with 2 hard drive crashes all ready. The first crash was a 3gb and the second was a 40Gb. I was lucky that I was able to move the data off both drives before it finally died on me. Now 3gb and 40gb worth of dynamic data is not too hard to move from one drive to another.
3gb of data is some thing I can afford to loose completely.
3gb and 40gb worth of dynamic data is not too expesive to back up either.
However, 160 Gb worth of dynamic data to backed up starts to strech my wallet a little too far. Therefore, I need the RAID.

Now, why the internal Speakers????

Just for LAN and Leech Parties. Nothing more.
I do have a set of Logitech 5.1 with are normally left plugged in.

I do plan to MOD this case. I will be installing my handle on the top. I will be getting a side case can installed. Plus I will be getting some body graphics paited on. (I got a freind that does cars graphics professionally, but in his own time, we will do things like skateboards, surfboard, t-shirts and recently PC Cases.)

Depends. Totally depends. Like if you want dozens of bays (^), if you want a big honkin PSU, if you need easy access, if you want acrylic and/or UV reactive. There are so many options, it's hard to say that there is a "best case" but i love thermaltake's and some of the Xoxide cases are pretty sweet. look at Xoxide first, then if you don't find anything u like there, check newegg.

At the moment I'm thinking of going for a Coolermaster Centurion. Its got 4 x 5.25 bays and 2 x 3.5. I'm think of putting an adapter for 2 USB ports in one of the 3.5 bays, which would mean I have 4 USB ports in the front of my case. Anyone else have this case or a Coolermaster?

xoxide_1788_4624125

i just bought this case, i like it... seeing as it is kinda like a ThermalTake (i guess) its nice, but like it was said before... all about what you want. and your pocket book...

Jim240260 said:
With most cases, it dosent matter, go with a full tower if you are worried about cooling, or mid-tower if you want a smaller size.
Here is a link to some cases, I have a Blue full-tower case and have had no problems with them. Look around for one that you like the looks of. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...=713&priceStr=0&key=&image12.x=10&image12.y=6

I do like the looks of those cases. Like the one with the transparent side panel is temping.

The only killer is getting it to Australia.

As one of the things that i am thinking with the Aopen H700 is to mod the clear side panel myself.

cheerios said:

Preferably I dont like Lian Li and I know that it is pretty shallow to say this but, it sounds like a low china brand. I dont like china names on my computer. Understand what I mean?

cheerios said:

Talk about a 180...

Im siding with csw3190 on this one. It all depends. There are SO many factors that come into play that its impossible to name a "best". It comes down to what you NEED, what you LIKE and how much cash you got.

Myself? I always recommend Lian Li. Ive seen my way thru around 30 cases in my day. From Antec to Chieftec to Raidmax to Thermaltake to Silverstone to Lian Li and many more. No one who has tooled around in a Lian Li could ever not recommend it. All beautiful aluminum construction, removeable mobo tray, thumb screws galore.... such a joy to work with. If you can afford the price tag, you get the luxury.

But I would also recommend Antec for a good cost/benefit ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom