Computer Build Log! [And overclock once the building is done, lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Alright, two hours ago I recived my new DDR2 memory sticks!

In the following days im supposed to get my Gigabyte 965P-DS4 motherboard and then the E6400 Core 2 Duo, and then the X1900XT

I'll post here whenever I get another part, and the OC resaults and stuff once im done getting all the parts! hehe.

BTW Here's the memories, im in love with them!

Oh yeah and those heatsinks are just WOW! I was always sure they were just made for aesthetics, but heck they are THICK as ****! and pretty heavy too.......... [every one of those heatsinks is actually thicker than the memory itself, and theres two on each module!]

picturesssssssssssss:

Memory:

Picture67.jpg

Picture63.jpg

Picture64.jpg

Picture65.jpg

:D

Soon mobo/vid card/psu/cpu etc..

-Jo.
20log/Picture62.jpg

The SLi ready solely means it has the new **EPP** features, because that was made by nvidia, but stupidly enough they thought writing "SLi ready" would sound more convincing than writing "EPS Enabled" or something like that.

Uploaded better pics now, thats as good as it gets with my web cam :/ **** logitech pro zoom......

Anyway, check out the one before last pic, the left bottom corner, you see that trash can and the X on it? **** RIGHT! This does NOT fit in the garbage, haha.

-Jo

So what happened to you getting an AM2 system?

And whats EPS? I looked on Google and got hundreds of definitions.

Well, I was forced to forfit my cooling system, and was left with an extra 250$ which was what I was short of for the mobo and the E6400 [I was forced because my brother chickend on me and decided not to try his luck trying to go through the airport secuirity with it, go figure]..

And **EPP** Is a pre-configured overclocking profile implented into the memory, you can use it on certain motherboards, you can still overclock it manualy though if you wish, its more like an instant-overclock thing for novice overclockers.

-Jo.

Man I am so dissappointed :( My regular local store I buy at which is really cheap usualy are now out-priced by competitor shops and they won't lower their price to match the other stores price, and I already placed the order [90% of it was supposed to come tomorrow] but my dad decided to cancel it untill they lower their prices too, I hope tomorrow I'll be able to talk the manager to giving me some discount [since im paying it all in cash maybe he'll agree]

:mad: :( I was really thrilled to get it all to work tomorrow... now i'll have to wait till at leat thursday.

-Jo.

w00t everything but the PSU has arrived today! :D *Does a little dance*

Shall I post pictures or will it just be pointless and hog too much size?

-Jo.

AH FOK! I ADDED ALL TEH PICS AND THE SITE REJECTED MY POST..

:mad: ok re-writing it.

E6400 Box:
E6400Box.jpg

E6400 out of box:
E6400wStockCooler.jpg

mobo box front:
DS4front.jpg

mobo box back:
DS4Back.jpg

mobo bundle [forgot to take it outta the antistatic bag, tomorrow I will]:
DS4Bundle.jpg

more pics in next post.

-Jo.

GPU Box:
X1900XTBox.jpg

Card itself:
X1900XT.jpg

And god knows why, but I recived a DFI wrist band, which is pretty cool!:

LanPartyWristBand.jpg

Anyway, tomorrow im getting the PSU and i'll put pics of it too.

I just hope the new PC won't be bottlenecked by my old 80GB IDE HDD [Im not sure how much RPM it has even, 5200 or 7200, how do I check?!?!], but next week in getting new SATA II 160 W.D. caviar HDD.

Oh and the store manager was really nice, gave me an AC MX-1 thermal compound [the none-adhersive, silicon based compound which is better than the regular MX-1, a bit less better than AC Silver 5 but he didnt have it there anyway so I can't do nuttin about it] AND he also gave ma a vantec thermal compound which I won't be using but still he was like "Take it anyway, I got lots here so whatever!" lol.

Nice guy..

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom