Need help buying a new computer for gameing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I am looking at getting the Dell XPS 400 desktop. I am mainly going to use it for Internet surfing and medium level gameing. Here it is:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DXPS400F1&s=dhs

Mainly I need to know what processor to choose and what video card to choose. I was originally going to go with the 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache card but someone said that one was obsolete and I should go with the 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS.

But the 7900 is $200 more. Is it worth the extra money? Also what is the difference between the two cards? And does anyone know the manufacturer of the card's web site so I can contact them?

Ok well I went with the XPS 400 with the 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GSvideo card. I hope this will be good enough for gameing. For $1,150 it better be...

You should know that Dell is despised here at TF, you could build a way better computer with that $1,150.

Trotter said:
My thoughts exactly.

+2

SOMETIMES they offer good stuff if you pick the right components, and you dont/know how to build it yourself

but I would definitely think about building one :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom