Should i try to delete this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I had a problem with Norton 2006 last week. After a lot of work, i finially got the program uninstalled. I then did a search for symantec to see if anything was left on the computer. I found a folder at C>program files>common files>symantec shared. It is full of various things, like symlctnk.dll. I tried to rename it so i'd know if the computer needed it on startup, but when i tried to either delete the folder or rename it I was told I Didn't have access to it, that it was write protected or in use at the moment. Should I need symantec on my comptuer since Norton is gone? How can i delete it, should I delete it?

Hello,

Check in Add / Remove Programs, and uninstall Symantec LiveUpdate (or something like that) as well if the entry still exists.

I checked in the add/remove programs and there is no liveupdate or symantec or norton products left. I went into safe mode and renamed the folder and now i could delete it if i wanted too. Is there any other type of program that i cuold run to see if there is any symantec crap left on my computer, or should i just delete the folder?

when i downloaded it from majorgeeks it stated it was an expired product and would not run. When i go to the direct link, and click on run tool, i get a pages that says this page cannot be displayed. what now?

ok...i found the same tool under symantec.com/autotools and ran it, but that folder is still there....

Just delete it. You can also go into regedit (start menu > run > regedit) but only if you're comfortable with it and search for symantec. you can delete all entries. But I do stress it's not an option for everyone.

I've never messed with the registry. Is there a program that i can run, and search for a symantec entry and delete it?

I did some searching....would downloading and running tweaknow regcleaner help me get rid of symantec entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom