E6300 + ASUS P5B 965 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser

Baseband Member
I have installed a brand new Conroe processor and mother board as scene in the title along with an eVGA 7300GS, Thermaltake TR2-470, OCZ PC-5400 gold series dual channel memory, and a 250GB WD SATAII HD. Now I have only built a handfull of computers, probably somewhere around 10 or so within the different generations of computers since oh 99' - 2000. I am having a problem I have never had before. When I power on the system I get absolutely nothing except the the sound of a running computer. Everything powers on, the HDs spin, if tried to change the ram slots, the cpu fan spins everything seems to work as if it should. The only thing I don't get is video on my monitor. No beeps, no shut down, just nothing but a blank screen and a beige box between my legs that seems rather useless.

Well, it kinda sounds like something is up with your vid card.

Try reseating it (although you probably would have gotten some beeps if it wasn't seated properly).

Also, try both outputs. It should have a DVI and a VGA output. Try a different monitor as well (if possible).

However, it could be more than that as well. If POST beeps are turned off via CMOS setup, then you obviously aren't gonna hear anything. But, since by default it is usually turned on, I don't think that would be a prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom