and If I eventually get a second tyris... I will have a 5x2 widescreen display

2560x1024

Juice Daddy said:
meh...

I prefer the 4:3.. over widescreen
edit: (not on a tv though)

and If I eventually get a second tyris... I will have a 5x2 widescreen display

2560x1024

you've probably never played a game in widescreen. it's way better. but maybe you don't play games or something.

I game... and 4:3 is fine for me...

besides... I would hate to go from 1024 down to 900 for widescreen

for me... the horizontal 200+ pixels can't replace it...

well... it's a personal preference... and I can't afford to buy another monitor... so I won't be converted anytime soon

jordo_99 said:
to the guy who was saying that LCD aren't as good cuz of low res...i'm using a 1440x900 19' for $180. it did come w/ a green stuck/sub pixel but it's not in the middle or anything and i'll be trying to fix it soon. it's also got 5ms on it and a sweet picture.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824254001

i still highly recommend...just read the reviews. i got unlucky w/ the stuck pixel but it should be fixed soon and even if it's not i'll still be happy w/ it.

I wonder who makes the panel for this..cause there are only like 4 worldwide lcd panel producers...i believe...nice buy there...

I wasn't saying you don't get good LCDs with high native resolutions, I'm just saying that you're basically stuck at that res to keep a good quality picture.

With my CRT, image quality stays brilliant, all the way from 640x480, right through to 1600x1200. They're just more versatile than LCDs, even if they are a bit more bulky! :D

@Kingaustin: Saying someone else is a dumbass isn't, and will never be, a valid arguement, and just makes you look like a frustrated 14-year old. Just trying to help you out, not start a arguement. In general you don't make any friends here by insulting people with an opinion as valid as your's. It's only opinions after all.

magouster said:
@Kingaustin: Saying someone else is a dumbass isn't, and will never be, a valid arguement, and just makes you look like a frustrated 14-year old. Just trying to help you out, not start a arguement. In general you don't make any friends here by insulting people with an opinion as valid as your's. It's only opinions after all.

I didnt join the forum to make friends, just to get some advice and give some. When someone is as ignorant as Paul Wall, they're a dumbass. Plain and simple. Also, if it made me look like a frustrated 14 year old (which I'm almost 19) then oh well.

my only reason why widescreen is better for gaming is because it gives you more of a "realistic feel" because it, in a way, gives you periferal vision. 4:3 gaming is still fine i just prefer 16:9 because of that. all in all it's not any more fun just makes for a slighly different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom