most programs open at once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the most i have ever ran is 42 copys of dvd shrink, 2 IEXPLORER, and GRAW, it used up 4.5 gigs of ram aprox, so my computer started lagging. but normaly not that many.

turboFX55 said:
the most i have ever ran is 42 copys of dvd shrink, 2 IEXPLORER, and GRAW, it used up 4.5 gigs of ram aprox, so my computer started lagging. but normaly not that many.

You win. :p

thanks for that link mlr,

Guess I'm going to be making quiet afue bat files for certain programs :p.

I also got updated with a tidbit of information, when you run a game or such it will utilise as much of the core as needed pushing other mulitcore apps to use the second core.

but for programs that usually bog down the system when I want to use it those programs look great.

Core Duo 2.16Ghz w/ 2048MB of RAM, and Google Earth was still running smooth, same with Windows inside Parallels. I was barely eating into swap space, but yeah this is pretty much the limit. I can't imagine a quad-core. The sky is the limit. :)

Thanks for screwing up the thread with your insanly wide resolution general :p.

Gotta love the mac sexyness..

wow, nothing is even readable there.. is that how it is on your computer... and jesus, i never noticed 1440 was so wide, maybe i'll consider a 19 inch widescreen now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom