cpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

triXsta

Baseband Member
whats normal cpu temp? when i was checking mine it was about 115-123 degrees fh......this was when nothing was running, i was just checking in bios.and is there any program where u can check ur temp without going in bios?i have a thermometer but doesent really work to good.

use speedfan to check the temp in windows. the normal temp depends on the cpu you use. what cpu do you have?

my computer runs between 35-40 C idle, but it's an athlon 64.

i have an athlon 2200 xp when i check asus pc probe it stays between 35 c and 43 c but then when i check it in the bios it sais more like 47 c..............is the bios showing the wrong temp or is the asus probe? or does the cpu just work harder when starting up the comp and thats why its hotter? plzz help

You can always check your cpu temp in your bois, every time you boot your pc, you can check for it. Your pc is in the normal temp.

triXsta said:
whats normal cpu temp? when i was checking mine it was about 115-123 degrees fh......this was when nothing was running, i was just checking in bios.and is there any program where u can check ur temp without going in bios?i have a thermometer but doesent really work to good.

That sounds awfully hot for idling:eek:

well when i use asus probe when idle i get about 30-40 c but when i check when first starting up the comp in bios it reads iabout 47-49 c. then a friend said that maybe when first starting up the comp the cpu works harder so it would be hotter. what do u guys think

yes I agree with The Merlin I think that sounds to hot to me.If it is that hot just idling then I imagine that it gets very hot when you are doing intense gaming on a good 3d game.Mine runs at about 89 degrees ferenheit,think i spelled that close lol,so I think you are running a little hot,but that depends on the processor that you are running,I always replace the fan that comes with my new cpu`s with a much bigger fan myself.

i dont think you can get an accurate result from the BIOS cause by the time you get into the BIOS, you would have reset your machien, and the cpu would have cooled down considerably.

i have got a 5700 xt and a P4 2.8 GHz FSB 800 do you guys think running a graphics intensive game like C&C generals would cause the cpu to overheat. there is something that beeps when i play the game, and i solve it by leaving my case open.

ok, an athlon reaches between 70 - 98 no problems, but you are way overheated, how many case fans do you have and how are they arranged?

triXsta said:
well when i use asus probe when idle i get about 30-40 c but when i check when first starting up the comp in bios it reads iabout 47-49 c. then a friend said that maybe when first starting up the comp the cpu works harder so it would be hotter. what do u guys think

Yeah, the CPU will be hotter immediatly following startup, mine gets to 49c or so....

Aslong as its 30-40c like you say then it should be fine:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom